Updated: June 3, 2018
- Personal data we collect or process, including from the Website;
- Cookies policy;
- How we use the data;
- Legal grounds for the processing of your data;
- With whom we may share the personal data;
- Your EU privacy rights and choices;
- California disclosures;
- Retention periods and protection of your data;
- Children’s privacy;
- Information about international transfers;
- Links to other sites;
- How you can contact us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The Company may also collect information from you through mailing lists and service emails and links. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites to which you may have linked to or through the Website.
The Website captures some information from visitors who browse the Website, automatically utilizing background local storage and session storage technologies to improve the user experience. This may include, subject to any opt-out preferences, “clickstream” data, such as their Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of Web browsing software they are using, the website they visited before linking to the Website and the website they visit after leaving the Website.
How your information is used
The Company’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on the Website. By knowing a little about you, the Company is able to deliver more relevant Services and content and hence a better experience to you.
The Company uses the personal data we collect to respond to your inquiries, provide or enhance our Services, perform our contractual obligations, inform you of new Services or changes in Services, administer the Website, to enter into contracts for Services, to fulfill legal obligations we have to governmental authorities or other third parties, and for other legitimate business purposes.
You may also receive updates from the Company by email regarding your transactions with the Company and promotional material about the Company’s Services and features if you have indicated that you would like to receive them.
The Company does research on Website users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us from our server log files or from surveys or third-party analytics tools. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis.
Legal grounds for processing your personal data
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into an agreement with you or to perform under an agreement that you have with us. When we process personal data on behalf of third parties, we do so in performance of agreements with such third parties.
With whom your information may be shared
The Company is a global provider of Services headquartered in the United States, and as such may need to share information with internal personnel located in different geographic locations in order to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations. We may also share, as controller or as processor performing at the direction of our clients, your personal data with third parties (within or outside your country of residence) who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation our technology providers, payment processors, administrative and support personnel, and providers and professional advisers.
The Company may disclose within or outside your country of residence aggregated user statistics to describe our Services to current and prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. Some of our third-party advertising partners may, with your consent, distribute cookies to you in advertisements that are provided to the Company. The Company has no access or control over these cookies.
The Company may also disclose within or outside your country of residence information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the Company’s rights or property, other users of the Website, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. The Company may disclose information within or outside your country of residence or access this information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our products and Services. The Company may disclose and transfer the Company’s database of user information to third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets.
We use analytics tools and other third-party technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our site. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and demographics, and other similar information. You can deactivate Google Analytics using a browser add-on if you do not wish the website analysis to take place. You can download the add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your EU privacy rights and choices
If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the territory of the EU, we are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the EU Data Protection Directive. Otherwise you can contact us at any time to discuss your privacy concerns.
Privacy rights under the EU data protection law include:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or need additional information you can contact us at any time.
- Right of access, restriction of processing, erasure. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification, or deletion of such personal information, requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal and contractual obligations. To make a request or ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object at any time. You have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial emails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt out, such as communications about transactions and disclosures to comply with legal requirements.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
- Right not to be subject to an automated decision, including profiling. We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively affect you.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes on your privacy rights according the EU privacy regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
With most web browsing software, by modifying your browser preferences you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those Services from the Company that require them in order to participate.
You may edit your Website preferences by contacting us by email at email@example.com. Some information that you provide to the Company, such as survey responses and clickstream data, may not be accessible on the Website.
California Information-Sharing Disclosure: California residents may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes, as well as the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
Retention periods and protection of your personal data
We retain the personal data we collect for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected; to perform our contractual, legal, and ethical obligations; and for any applicable statute of limitations periods.
We take reasonable administrative, physical, and technical precautions to protect your personal data and communications with us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, though we strive to protect your personal information, the Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission, we endeavor to maintain its security on our systems. By using the Website and the Internet in general, you may be subject to various risks, including among others eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, “imposturing,” tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, and hacking. You may be subject to system contamination including without limitation, viruses, worms, and Trojan horses, causing unauthorized, damaging, or harmful access and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer and other forms of activity that may be considered unlawful. Information (including content) received or delivered or intended to be made available on and through the Website may be subject to these and other security or privacy hazards; or it may not reach its destination or reach an erroneous address or recipient. The Website is not different than other applications in this respect. Without limitation of the foregoing, although we take seriously the security of all personal and non-personal information associated with our visitors, because of the open communication nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
The Website is a general audience site and does not offer Services directed at children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 18 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Information about international transfers
Links and affiliates
How to contact us